Wednesday, October 27, 2010

THE NIGHT OWL

It is 2:30 am and I am up. Let's call this training for when we become parents and go through the hell y'all have been through/are going through/will be going through soon. Hey, we've been waiting for almost ELEVEN years to go through that hell, so why not start training for it now?

Well, I'll be honest with you; on any normal night, I'd be in the deepest sleep at this point of the night, with my head on Andrés's chest; my worrisome subconscious would be monitoring his heartbeat and breathing while also monitoring Lucas's heartbeat and breathing; my worry-free dreaming subconscious would be, well, dreaming!

Tonight is a special night, though. Having all the papers (minus one test result and one letter) we need to update our adoption file in Peru, I am up translating it all and sending it piecemeal to my good friend V for her to review and correct and later certify. Tomorrow we should get the missing letter and finish the process. Then comes notarizing V's certification affidavit, authenticating the notary's signature and legalizing it all at the Peruvian consulate. We are SO EXTREMELY FORTUNATE to have a good friend who is a flight attendant and "just happens" to be flying to Peru next week. He will be taking our papers with him, so they get there on time for our November 4th deadline. And then, well, then it's all in God's hands.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I may complain a lot, but I wouldn't really say it's hell; if it was I'd have stuck with one kid, lol! Plus it is SOOO worth it. Although as I've said - I AM looking fwd to them trying to hibernate through their teenage years, boy am I going to get my revenge!! Hehe.

All joking aside, best of luck to all four of you (I'm including the lucky baby and Lucas as well, of course!).