Monday, June 16, 2008

The End is Near

June 16

A short little entry today, because the day has passed me by and it’s already past 5 pm, time to head back to the hospital. I didn’t make it to napville today. Hope tonight isn’t as bad as last night was. Poor Andrés... I guess a liquid diet doesn’t really agree with him. He felt bloated for a long while after having the soup I brought him for dinner. Then his stomach was distended and hard as a rock. He couldn’t sleep. Just as he falls asleep, around 4 am, the nurse from hell comes in and turns on the brightest light in the room to take his blood. I almost killed her. We actually had a confrontation! She challenged me and was sorry she did, I’m sure. I don’t think anybody is “nice” to anybody who wakes you up that rudely at 4 am when you haven’t had a good night’s sleep in days. I turned into a monster. Andrés said “when did you get so fierce!?” :) It’s in my blood... Anyways, this will be one of those stories that will have to wait to be told in person one day – but don’t forget to ask Andrés about Rita, the nurse from hell. Boy, oh boy.

The best news came this morning: Andrés is coming home tomorrow! His tests are all phenomenal and today he had a sandwich (in his new portion size of course) and faired 100% well... no bloat or weirdness. I think solids is the way to go for him, but softer solids.

I can’t write more. I’ll try and write an entry tomorrow when we come home. I’m sure he’ll want to relax and settle in, so please call before coming by, if you plan on doing so. Please, no calls after 9 pm or before 9 am, so he can get to bed early and sleep in. I don’t want to sound like an ungrateful witch, but he is (we are) so exhausted. I’m sure you can all relate. OK, gotta run! Till tomorrow..... xoxoxo

1 comment:

Sheona said...

Fantastic news!!!
Yippee (:
Let us know if you need anything at all.
xoox Love all of us